Monday, November 17, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Incredible Day on 4MR

This last Saturday morning I thought I'd try my luck down at Gravelly Point. Casted around the outflow for about an hour with zero luck. Determined not to accept the skunk that day, I drove down to 4 mile run to try my luck there. The weather was absolutely beautiful, and there wasn't a single person on the river. I caught a countless amount of bluegill and three or four smallies. An excellent day. 

At about 3pm I decided to call it because the tide was rolling in and the water was getting a little high. I saw my favorite overhanging tree and thought, what the heck one more cast. I threw an olive woolly bugger and let it sink and started stripping... and all of a sudden I thought my rod was going to get pulled out of my hands. It was like being stuck on a log but the log was swimming in the opposite direction. Pulled this guy out. Absolute monster compared to anything I've ever hooked into around there. It was an incredible fight and an even better end to an already awesome day. 

It's kind of hard to tell from the shot, but I'm guessing he was about 2.5 ish pounds. I feel like he could have swallowed a baseball without thinking twice. So fun. 

Matt


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/167880d6-5c04-45d9-a5ab-88711845b8e7%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment