Monday, March 24, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Is it spring yet???

Fletcher's will open this Saturday.  There should be a few fish to catch this weekend but it's bound to be a slow start.

On Monday, March 24, 2014 10:15:29 AM UTC-4, Paul Kalajainen wrote:
I went to Chain Bridge yesterday morning from about 8-12.  From all the older posts I've found it looks like we should just about be getting to the time of year that the snakeheads come back out, and the shad should be arriving any time as well (assuming this prolonged cold doesn't mess things up too much).

I didn't get anything yesterday, no takes either.  The water was moving pretty fast, so I didn't fish the main current much, mostly hit the eddys along the shore.  The fish are probably still deeper than that, but I couldn't seem to get my fly out in the deeper water.

On another note - I have this whole Saturday blocked off for fishing.  Will Fletcher's be open by this weekend?  Weather looks like it will stay kind of cold this week until Friday or Saturday too, is that going to keep the fish out of my reach this weekend?

I'm getting pretty antsy for spring, I'm sure you all are too.

Paul

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/a1287c66-cc9c-4511-82eb-c01d1e6fdd47%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment