Monday, March 24, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} First Trout

I ended up in Charlottesville for the weekend with Wife Robin for the VA Book Festival. Saturday I had free for fishing so I headed to the North Fork of the Mormons and had a great time. Started out with dries and pheasant tail droppers. No joy until I hicked further upstream and switched to dries. The pools are small, the water fast and cold. I caught a couple of typical 8" brookies then hit a 11-12" brookie. Had a blast!

Sunday on the way home we stopped at some antique/junk shops along 29. I was perusing one to discover an antique bamboo fly rod vendor. Had some truly beautiful rods rods. Mike (vendor) and I had a long chat and he showed me a 1930's 3/4 weight 6'6" rod (Shakespeare) that I salivated over. Way to pricey for me. But, as they say,"a cat can look at a king."

All the 'round a memorable weekend.

Congrats to all those who tied 1300 flies for the Marathon!

Bryan


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CAKcSCqyYufCLvk4Ffb3oHnVR9S9iTmfBAthZb4gZXXQFZJW-dA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment