Thursday, February 27, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Cabo help

Found it: 

http://www.bajafisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?842-New-visa-requirements-set-for-U-S-anglers-fishing-Mexican-Waters

On Monday, February 24, 2014 4:38:32 PM UTC-5, timdonalds...@gmail.com wrote:
Relatively new to the area and TPFR, but I was hoping to get some advice from anyone who has fished Cabo.  

The girlfriend and I are staying at the Hilton in Cabo for a 5 days in late March.  Looks like that's the beginning of the season for Roosterfish, which is on my all time bucket list of species to target.  I am "allowed" to fish one day, and I am planning on surf casting versus going in a boat.  Will probably get up early to fish sunrise and beat the offshore wind, and then go back out late afternoon/early evening if the day permits.       

I have a 9 wt setup from my San Diego days, and I'm fairly competent with it.  My question is; is it critical to get a guide?  I know it will automatically bump up my odds, but I also enjoy doing research and trying to figure stuff out on my own.  Is it like bonefish where self guiding is next to impossible?  Or like Steelheading where a guide helps but doesn't guarantee success?  Do all the guides in Cabo fish from boats or is there anyone who specializes in surf casting for Roosters?  The Google has been helpful but any first person experience will be greatly appreciated.  

Also, if anyone has any Cabo specific advice please let me know (specific beaches, time of day, flies, places to eat/not eat, etc...).  Thanks,

Tim Donaldson

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/73e4b262-1e0d-4ea1-8c04-8329e743e662%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment