Friday, March 29, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Urban Lines got me thinking...

Greetings! Ed Felker here, I have met some of you I know, perhaps through Project Healing Waters events. Anyway, I was at the film festival last night and the wonderful film Urban Lines got me thinking about a few things. I was previously unaware of TPFR but now I wonder if any of you have some thoughts on the following...

I live on the Potomac well upstream of the tidal portion, but watching you guys with the two handed rods made me wonder if maybe that wouldn't be a bad approach for smallmouth fishing up my way. I oftentimes have trees behind me and a lot of water to cover in front of me, seems like spey casting would be worth exploring. Do any of you spey cast for smallies? I also have huge carp that live right off my bank, but have yet to catch one on a fly. Every year I promise myself I *will* catch one this season. 

My other question is about the tidal Potomac. Do people kayak fish for shad, striper or largemouth down there? Seems doable, but I have no idea what it's like, I don't want to just experiment, put in at National Airport and get swept into the Chesapeake Bay! Any advice here about viability or access would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. And congrats to Rob Snowwhite, Kami Swingle and all those involved with Urban Lines!

Ed.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/ZF1IPo5C6J0J.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment