Friday, March 29, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Urban Lines got me thinking...

I can't impart much knowledge, but I did just build a 5wt switch over the winter with the primary purpose of swinging for shad and smallies.  For me it's a tough balance on long rods when trying to keep them heavy enough to cast the bigger bass flies, yet light enough to keep it interesting once you get one on.  I'll enjoy the new challenge figuring this one out.  

I also fish from an inflatable yak in the warmer temps.  Some good locations to start in the tidal parts are Pohick Bay, Occoquan, and Belle Haven -- all easy put-ins.  The bridges also seem to be popular spring and fall spots for stripers but I have yet to give it a shot.  For shad, I don't really mess with the kayaks with the availability of the Fletcher's boats.  It's much easier casting sinking lines from a stable rowboat platform rather than seated or kneeling in a kayak.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/trxvpiAkMDMJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment