Monday, August 8, 2022

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Fishing Upper Potomac with a 5-Weight?

Hi all,

I'll be camping in Harper's Ferry this coming weekend right on the Potomac and can't give up the chance to do a little morning fishing. 

I'm still getting the hang of fly fishing(pretty novice) but jump at every chance I get to get a little deeper into the sport. I read that the smallies on that part of the Potomac are great, but without a decent 7 weight rod I don't think I can get much done with a streamer or a popper... I pretty embarrassingly found that out a few weeks ago that 5-weights aren't quite strong enough to throw a streamer to any effect.. 

I have a few Chernobyl ants and also have some smaller black foam spiders I thought might do the trick on the surface earlier in the morning..

Does anyone have any advice for trying to fish a 5-weight rod with a floating line this time of the summer? 

Any advice is appreciated. 
Thanks all

Dan

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CANLefJ_G%2BADUdU24Z0tEEA9kW66Qek3uxCFgnfQpppwi%2BpbtMQ%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment