Monday, August 15, 2022

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Digest for tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Thank you Owen for great instruction. Really clear direction and demonstration helped me better understand the skills I'm looking to master at this stage in my casting journey. Greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
June Brodie

On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 at 07:11, <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Owen Williams <eowilliams11@gmail.com>: Aug 14 10:09AM -0700

Thanks to everyone who made it out this morning. It was a full crowd, and
we saw lots of improvement across the board.
 
Several people asked about practicing. I always practice on grass, and I
use a 9' 0X tapered leader (look for sales on these and stock up). I've
personally found two or three twenty-minute sessions per week to be much
more helpful than saving up for one ninety-minute session. And it's a good
idea to focus on just one or two skills per session.
 
If you aren't sure which skills to start with or what to work on next, I've
attached the quick reference guide from Fly Fishers International. It's got
a good progression to work through, and I've found that many of these
skills actually help me catch more fish because I have the tools to present
my fly in different situations.
 
Best,
Owen Williams
 
P.S. I'm always collecting good instructional videos of casting techniques,
so please send those to the forum when you come across something that
clicks for you. Here's one on the "wiggle cast" that I showed to June today
for negotiating conflicting currents: https://youtu.be/wcJtSEjYUog
 
 
 
On Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 9:25:24 PM UTC-4 Regan Burmeister wrote:
 
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CABUBOWYZWPWUpi8SbsL6nxWGq6-RNz8Vrhy8B15dFOjO%3DWK9ww%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment