Friday, May 27, 2022

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Prospects for fishing near North Shores Beach in Rehoboth

Just saw this last night. This is unfortunately going to complicate things on the surf side:
On Friday, May 27, 2022 at 9:39:48 AM UTC-4 david.j.v...@gmail.com wrote:
Can't speak to the fishing in Delaware, Josh, but you absolutely need a stripping basket in the surf. That is, unless you enjoy having your feet lassoed together by your fly line. You can buy a purpose made stripping basket, but it's not necessary. Go to the Dollar store and buy a cheap dish drainer or plastic basin. Drill a few holes and make two slits in back to thread a belt through and you're in business. Just make sure it's deep enough to hold line and experiment with where to situate it on your hips. 

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 1:11:38 PM UTC-4 Josh wrote:
We are looking to head up to Rehoboth in June for a week or so and I was thinking about taking my 8 wt. with me to see what I could find wade fishing opportunities within 30 minutes or so of North Shores.  I've never fished in the surf with a fly rod, so I'd be interested in checking it out.  

I read through the threads on the forum about fishing near Rehoboth, but they are mostly about fishing later in the summer or the fall.  I was hoping that someone on here would have advice on places to fish, species to target, patterns, and when to fish for early- to mid-June.  

Also, is a stripping basket absolutely necessary? From my preliminary research, it seems that the answer is yes, but I'd rather not have to purchase one if I don't have to right now. 

Thanks, 

Josh

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/e700a345-9f28-4a83-aec8-4583bd9b2f4bn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment