Monday, May 17, 2021

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Lost rod, Patuxent River State Park

That's actually a really great tip, and if I'd done it I'd be one four-weight outfit richer. My leg is sore from kicking myself.
Matt

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 11:47 AM namfos <mark.sofman@gmail.com> wrote:
Tip: when you get back to your vehicle either

A) break down your rod and reel immiediately, or

B) place your rod on your windshield so it's impossible to miss when you get ready to pull out

Mark

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 10:22:46 AM UTC-4 Matthew Herron wrote:
Well, I did it: left my rod leaning against the car and drove off. This was at Patuxent River State Park on Saturday afternoon. If I didn't run it over, there should be (or have been) an Orvis Clearwater 8.5' 4 wt. I know it's beyond a long shot that someone reading this could have found it, but if so I'd be grateful to hear from you.
If I don't hear from anyone, I'll probably take a drive up there this afternoon, but with very little optimism. 
Fishing report as long as I'm here: it was a lot lower than a couple of weeks ago, but I still managed several brown trout from tiny to 11", lost a couple of nice rainbows, and (as usual) caught my quota of fallfish. Nearly all of that was on a hare's ear variant. I saw very few rises, and I think what I did see rising were mostly fallfish.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/f484dWq5IAY/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/85b37abc-f430-4098-9351-4e6b7ee6eff5n%40googlegroups.com.


--
Matthew D. Herron, PhD
Senior Research Scientist
School of Biology
Georgia Institute of Technology
X.princeps@gmail.com

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CAOtApPa%2BzQucA%3Dbq1043BKaSCJO0No1WcdHw%2Bvcv-rU_ru6_fQ%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment