Friday, March 26, 2021

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Luray and Front Royal recommendations

I fish both forks frequently and can definitely steer you to some wonderful spots: parking, reasonably easy wading and decent fishing. 

I'd argue the fishing WAS great but has suffered severely over the past 5-10 years specifically due to high water events during spawn. There are still plenty of smallies, fallfish, brim - even rock bass are making a slight comeback however the size and overall numbers are down. I find the south fork to be fishing best between elkton and Luray.

Give me a shout on my cell, happy to share info and get you on fish. I'll be fishing the north fork Shenandoah all weekend.

Luke Morrison
202-271-5420 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 26, 2021, at 9:24 AM, Yambag Nelson <northstreetwreckingcrew@gmail.com> wrote:

Its kind of early but both forks of the shenandoah are great for smallmouth.  There are a number of operations near front royal that rent canoes and will shuttle you.  Not sure if they are open yet.  

You are also close to the park and the brook trout fishing is starting to pick up.

On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 3:37:39 PM UTC-4 j.spence...@gmail.com wrote:
I've been volunteering at vaccination clinics in Luray and Front Royal.  I only volunteer a half day, and it's hard not to think about fishing when you drive over the rivers, etc.  I haven't fished the area at all.  Any advice on where to start?

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/af95187b-2708-4207-983f-c5c64fff03f8n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment