Saturday, March 28, 2020

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: How's the water at Fletchers?

Water was fine if you could get to it.  Place was an absolute zoo in the afternoon.

On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 10:03:08 PM UTC-4, Kevin Brugman wrote:
As a relatively new fly fisherman starting my third year, for the last two years I have been beating the waters on the Rappahannock to a froth looking for the elusive shad.  I have caught numerous stripers and even a catfish, but never a shad.  For some reason, on the days I fished, no one wold catch a shad, but they would report banner days on the days before and after.  Well today I broke the spell, I caught my first shad today.  I also had several hits that I was not able to follow through on as well.   Gotta admit that I was so excited that I did nor even care if it was a hickory shad or not.  It is all catch and release for me.  Now that the drought is over, I hope to be putting a few more on the end of my fly line.  Ironically, there were several other fly fishers down there and I was the only one that I saw catch a shad, although I did see a spincaster catch a couple but it was not hot yet.

Kevin

On 3/27/2020 9:34 PM, Alexander Vu wrote:
I caught 8 hickory Shad in 2 hours today from shore... water vis was fine. 

On Mar 27, 2020, at 11:36 AM, velazquez <dgra...@gmail.com> wrote:


Nice, I may go Sunday (or this afternoon, although frankly I have too much work to do).
On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 12:02:20 AM UTC-4, Yambag Nelson wrote:
Water was fine.  Fishing was hit or miss from shore.  Guys with boats seemed to be doing better.  Sun seemed to have them deeper than they have been.

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 3:37:09 PM UTC-4, Ashkon Eslami wrote:
Hi friends,

Hope everyone is well! Did anyone make it out to Fletchers today? I'm going to hit water somewhere tomorrow morning for a few hours and am trying to gauge if the water at Fletchers is muddy after the last two days or rain. If so, I'll probably head to a smaller trout stream that recovers quickly. Any guidance is appreciated!

Ash


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/68d59266-169e-4e5a-ad80-5934e50528f5%40googlegroups.com.
--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/D8B4478E-1797-4CD9-AF43-517782AB2E4E%40gmail.com.


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/3f385d33-5e29-4160-a82e-cfa0cd2af340%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment