Monday, February 10, 2020

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Sanibel Island mid-February

I'm not sure how the surf will be this time of year. Here are two places that have produced for me:

1. Head to Ding Darling in late afternoon before the entrance gate closes. Chill out, eat some food, take a nap, wait for sunset...then fish around the culverts. If the tide is moving you will crush fish from sunset until well after dark. Mostly snook and ladyfish there. Bring bug repellent!! FYI, do not wade in the refuge - there are a few gators there.

2. During the day, I've done well renting from Tarpon Bay Explorers and paddling in to Commodore Creek. In February it should be loaded with mangrove snappers and sheepshead, I've caught plenty of both there along with a lone redfish and also a pretty nice flounder. I'm certain snook are there but I was still pretty novice at chasing saltwater fish on the fly when I was there last, and I didn't tangle with any.

I've caught all my fish there on clousers of various colors. Always fly fished both places. 


On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 8:34:18 PM UTC-5, Jason Paragas wrote:
Thx, I have another thread going on stripersonline, a couple of folks have suggested that snook in the wash could work. I might give it a cast.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/b2ce0d23-7cb1-4ace-9570-b9c97fc9a9b4%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment