Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Guide recommendation Aspen?

I fished with John Hunt on the Roaring Fork a few years ago with my wife and we had a great day, very satisfied. jfhunt@me.com; 13143083401. 

I've fished out there a bunch of times because my aunt has a house in Carbondale. I would do both DIY and a float with a guide. The Frying Pan is an epic river that is pretty accessible/wadeable. Not so much for the Roaring Fork. Although you could wade fish it, it's just that there's a lot of private land on it so access isn't as good. I would skip the toilet bowl, personally, and I hear they closed it because someone drowned. Lower Canyon to Quaalude Corner was a really fun wade hike for me. I've attached a picture of the board with all the public access on the Frying Pan for your information.

The hatches are better on the Frying Pan with technical fishing, whereas the Roaring Fork is an awesome freestone river with slightly less selective fish (try a Pat's Rubber Legs). Both are a blast to fish. The Crystal River has trout as well but also a lot of whitefish I hear.

Check out Pine Creek Cookhouse if you have time while you're up there too. It's always a beautiful time of year to visit that place, and the food is top notch. There's some fishing near there too.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/e4c16f34-396e-4a2b-9b82-ce4191d310a3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very interesting. Your level of thinking is good and the clarity of writing is excellent. I enjoyed reading this post. I am also a blogger, You can visit our services here Android App Development Services
    You can also contact here, if you are looking forward to Hire Android App Developers or best Mobile App Development Company

    ReplyDelete