Saturday, March 24, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Bahamas in May

Headed to a resort on Great Exuma for 6 days in late May.  Have never fished the Caribbean, or salt for that matter (other than surf casting).  I'm good with lots of walking and wading, wasn't planning on hiring a guide.  Couple of questions:

-I was hoping I can get by with my 9'6" 7wt RL Winston B3X.  Planning on loading up a tropical/bonefish line.  That is unless you all convince me I absolutely need an 8 wt...
-I'm poring over google maps now, I guess I'm looking for mangrove adjacent flats?  We're staying at Grand Isle resort near Emerald Bay.    
-Was planning on fishing early mornings to stay ahead of the wind.  Should I worry much about what the tide is doing?
-Am I dooming myself by skipping the guide?  I know my odds go down but I'd rather spend that money on flat shoes and a new fly line.  

Any advice you guys can offer would be appreciated.  

Tim 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/60a8672e-2621-41b5-97d2-7c6f66b645fb%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment