Friday, March 23, 2018

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Certified Casting Instructor Cert. Process

I'm game, I'm just not so keen on the Sunday morning at Fletchers.  

Regan, Andrew et all, 

Let's take this off the list and figure out a good place and time.  The best practice for this test is teaching.  You can be prepared with the skills all you want, but this really is a teaching certificiation.

Carl

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 1:01 PM, Ladyfish <tidys@comcast.net> wrote:
You are doing the right thing getting together with a Coach and following the guidelines on the FFI website. It takes practice and perseverance to pass the CI; but the journey is worth the effort. Even if you don't pass. I also failed my first exam. I practiced the problem areas and went back 6 months later and took the exam and passed. 

The good news is you have time to become better prepared. Use it wisely!

Regards,
Ladyfish

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 7:39:48 PM UTC-4, Regan Burmeister wrote:

Andrew,

I took the CI test on 8 Feb in Crystal River, FL. In short, I did not pass. The test was stopped during the second teaching task (Task 17). Up to that point, I had passed the written exam, passed all the casting tasks (1 - 15), and passed the first teaching task (this was all told to me after the test was over).

During the second teaching task, I just got lost, forgot where I was, and then just started talking too much. The examiners had a sidebar, and then came over to me and announced their decision. I thought it was fair and honest.

The examiners were generous with their feedback on how to solve my errors with the teaching tasks. I am taking that to heart, and I will take the exam again this summer at Livingston Manor in NY.

 

It would be good for me to work with another, practice the teaching tasks. It would be good for you too, so looks like mutual advantage. We could also critique each other's casting tasks, and the explanations for how a cast is made.

 

Regan

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/04716c0a-e4d5-4153-81d7-c56b83bbbe3d%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CAK8gq%2BFn7VQkTVvA9VeK5vmr2HK5KdQA%3DknLFXHxLnVnSx-AoA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment