Friday, April 28, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} River report--April 28th AM

Sounds like conditions are pretty bad for now, appreciate the report. I stopped by Great Falls after work yesterday to buy a National Park pass, and took a minute to walk over and see the falls. It was raging indeed!

I got out after sunset last night at one of my go-to spots in the general area of the Pentagon. I must have beaten the dirty water, because it was clear and there were plenty of fish around. I felt a few herring bump into my legs, caught a 14" striper on a 5-6" long fly that looks a bit like a herring. Every few minutes i'd see a schoolie blast something on the surface, but I had my sinking leader on so I couldn't tie on a popper to take advantage. downsized to a clouser before leaving and immediately caught a 13" crappie. I am wondering if I return tonight if the muddy water will have filtered in?

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/b5f22430-c734-44ae-ae68-a955f9133da8%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment