Friday, April 21, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Transporting rods via motorcycle

Thanks everyone for the ideas!  I definitely think I'm leaning towards installing a tube somehow to the chrome around one of the saddle bags.  I just need to make sure it won't impede my legs/feet when coming to a stop.  The rod holder from bass pro is pretty neat though, and I could definitely pop a full size American Flag in there for parades, etc.  

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 11:39:36 AM UTC-4, Eric Lowney wrote:
Doers anyone have any tips for transporting 2 piece or 4 piece rods via motorcycle?  The 4 pieces are just barely too long to fit in the tour pack or the saddle bags, but it would make getting down to the Rap so much faster if I could take the HOT lanes.  Considering backpack with tube or affixing a tube to the bike, but open to ideas/solutions.  I attached a picture of my bike in case it helps and thanks in advance for any insight!

P.S.) I have considered buying a 7 piece for this exact purpose

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/04882176-496b-4d80-8c78-224c5ce814bd%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment