Friday, April 21, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Newbie looking to learn the ropes

Hi Ryan,

I'm a newbie as well. Been trying to get into fly fishing for a while, but finally making the push now. I did an Orvis 101 (with Trent in Bethesda) and it was very helpful, and I'm looking forward to the 201 I signed up for.

If you want to have a newbie friend to go out with and learn together/make fools of ourselves, let me know. I'm going to be trying the spots in or around DC for when I can't get away, and I'm also planning a trip with a buddy for a fly fishing weekend in May.

All the advice on here sounds great, especially the class in Harper's Ferry. I think this list (TPFR) is a great resource also, and I hope to meet many folks at one of the beer ties or other events.

Best,
Charles

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 3:32:27 PM UTC-4, Ryan McDevitt wrote:
Thank you all for the help. 

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 3:21:56 PM UTC-4, Ryan McDevitt wrote:
Hey all,

I am new to the group and fly fishing. My girlfriend got me an Orvis rod over the winter and I have yet to get out and use it. I have never fly fished before.

Anyone in the group willing to take me under their wing next time they go out so I don't make a complete fool of myself?

Happy to provide a case of beer to anyone up to the task, 

-Ryan 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/ef7e1e2d-5833-41e1-9acd-3935e7b6ec6a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment