Saturday, April 22, 2017

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} April 21 water conditions?

Finally got a chance to use my OPST commando head in my Douglas 5wt. 

It's difficult to strip the fish in pulling on running line. 

Rolls out with ease. 



Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 21, 2017, at 6:02 PM, Yambag Nelson <northstreetwreckingcrew@gmail.com> wrote:

I caught one last sunday on a large deceiver by drifting the Virginia shoreline which is how most people who target stripers fish.  Problem is, if you don't have a motor for your boat is a lot of work.  I took one pass and that was enough for me. 

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 4:09:54 PM UTC-4, Andrew M wrote:
Last night we hit some good Americans. Rachel caught this one right at dusk as the storm came over the ridge. We high tailed it in and barely got the raft into the subi when the storm hit hard. It was fun. 

I'm in the blue baby Otter BRO (old Blue Ridge Outfitter) boat. say hi! 

I have yet to catch a striper at FC, schoolie or otherwise. Where is the "sure to hook a schoolie" spot on the map? Thanks for keeping entertained this Friday afternoon. Cube is killing me today. 

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 9:21:04 AM UTC-4, Rob Snowhite wrote:
One to two bites per cast for me right now. I can see hickory shad chasing fly to the rocks. Call in sick with shad flu.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 21, 2017, at 9:00 AM, Rob Snowhite <r...@robsnowhite.com> wrote:
>

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/eba59db1-3fd9-44bf-82a8-ce7053aec2c8%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment