Thursday, February 25, 2016

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Colombia Peacock Fishing Report

Massive, Powerful, and Beautiful is a perfect description. I cannot overstate those three qualities in these fish enough. I found out about the fishing in Colombia from one of my casting students, Miguel. I ended up teaching him how to double haul with a 9 weight and he ended telling me about Colombian fishing and planting the seeds for this trip.

 

I fished out of Nimajay Lodge, a fishing camp run by Ricardo Madrinan, a short drive from Puerto Carreno. The lodging may be rustic by some standards but I would certainly recommend them. They are right on the river, have good food, an amazing Spanish speaking staff, and although I only interacted with one guide, Jason, he was great.

 

5 Species of fish on this trip if you count the three types of Peacocks. I missed a few Arowana on topwater and probably another Piranha species from bite offs.

 

If you go, say hello for me, and pleeeease bring us pictures! I cannot stop staring at these fish!

 

-Trent



On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 3:02:28 PM UTC-5, Melser Bonilla wrote:
Amazing report Trent! Is there info as to a guide? I'm in Colombia once a yr (wifys fam lives there) and definitely thought about going after some colorful bass! Hope you had a chance to visit Monserate.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/4ca378cd-6df4-4c5d-bbab-eea50276c3bf%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment