Saturday, December 19, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Need tons of help.


"I've practically halted all of my bass fishing because fly fishing has taken my interest way more"

I hope you are not thinking that bass fishing and fly fishing are mutually exclusive - from a 8" smallie to a 19 pound peacock in the amazon, I've landed a lot of bass of many different types on my fly rods.  Its funny how many people have viewed the "River Runs Through It" and deemed it the only situation where you would fly fish.  Dry flies in Montana are a great experience, but if I had to limit my scope that that, I'd go crazy. 

The 5wt and 8wt are perfect to start with, you'll want to get a sinking line and get out at Fletcher's for shad when they show up this spring (another great use of a fly rod, and a world class experience).

The bass are one of the least picky on type of fly!  (and try 2 flies - a big one and a small trailer)

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/c26f6c53-3904-499c-8721-cd68a33aec31%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment