Monday, December 21, 2015

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} The Tilapia is back in 4MR

Yep!  Saw Rob out there making some roll casts -- I tried my best to keep out of the way of his news article research (I think that's what you said?).  Sunday was easier without the wind, and the bite was great.  As I was leavning I watched 2 spin guys and 1 fly guy with a bright yellow rod planted at the outfall.  Don't get me wrong -- the outfall can be great, but I move on if they aren't biting well. 

Scott - I fish all around the place, but usually not too far upstream of the outfall.  It seems like as it gets colder and colder, fewer fish seem to hang out up there by those poles.  I could be wrong though.....wouldn't be the first time. 

BTW -- some nice La-Froyg warmed me up immensely (Beth picked some up).  I love that stuff! 

Gene ("The fish are not coming out of the outfall tube...no matter how much you stare") TB


On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 12:18:05 PM UTC-5, Rob Snowhite wrote:
Gene had a bent rod all morning Saturday.. Loads of white perch in outflow that ignored all flies. Did see a small goldfish in there making me want to tie up all orange Clousers. 



Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 21, 2015, at 11:08 AM, TurbineBlade <doubl...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm 98% sure that's what it was anyway.  I haven't caught it since that one time 2 years back, but someone surely will before too long.  It was either that, or an unusually large, off-color giant gourami.  Sat was average, Sun much better. 

Still has hundreds of LMB, some yellow perch, bluegill, crappie, and a few catfish.  You can catch so many fish on a fly that they'll wear the point down and destroy all the materials tied to it. 

Saw a massive catfish meandering around, but I think he was blind (cataracts, battle scars). 

Just my opinion, but the outfall sucks compared to the other spots recently.  Don't waste your life away standing there when you can be hooking up on every other cast elsewhere ;).  Unless that's what you like. 

Gene

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/3105ec60-dfd6-4d89-a17f-1d7deb55fde8%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/deb5bea4-d53b-4c08-9158-26396c987615%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment