Monday, October 26, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: 4 Mile run Sunday afternoon

Gene - didn't see any needlefish, at least once I got situated and started fishing. Did see a big school of fish flash away from me as I was wading across, but I think that may have been schoolies. 

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 7:49:32 PM UTC-4, TurbineBlade wrote:
Speaking of "stick fish" are those needlefish still hanging out by the outfall?  I had a mess of those chasing streamers a couple of weeks ago.  That was the day I ran into Matt, again!  

Gene

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 7:22:13 PM UTC-4, Andrew LaVigne wrote:
Just a quick hit at 4 mile today, but my first stop there, so wanted to thank everybody who's reported in the past on it- your reports convinced me to try it out, despite the less than savory surroundings in spots. Ran into another fly rod guy on his way out, he offered good tips, so if he's on here, thanks, dude with the 3 weight.

As advertised, ran into tons of small largemouth bass around the warm water discharge, nice to get some fish after my skunking at gravelly on Friday. Those are some well-fed little bass, all had big bellies going. White and silver clouser with gold eyes was my most effective pattern. Also ran into a big group of little baby schoolie stripers, who wanted to play chase with the fly. Hopefully they eat well and hit the bay.  No fish of any size though, didn't run across carp or cats at all, and actually only got 1 bluegill. Water was coming up quick with the tide around 5:30 when I left- glad I bailed, as the wade back across to the path was nearly a swim. Nice to know I can stick fish 12 mins from home.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/75c4cfaa-6e36-4964-b28d-b344b4bb94a7%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment