Tuesday, May 26, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Smell that musk

Joe,

Good theory on the musky eating a bass. I kinda wish it was that scenario, cuz that would be epic. When the line went tight initially, I thought I was stuck on the bottom as that had already happened numerous times. Then the bottom started moving. So, I think it was the musky from the get-go. I was floating in a single kayak, another friend was in a single, and Kami was with his wife in a tandem kayak. We were just winging it this past weekend, but I'd love to fish with Matt sometime in the future. I think he guides on the New River as well as the James.

Charlie,

Yeah, I hooked the fish in a deep hole. We ferry'd it over to a nearby island in a borrowed net to get the fish in hand.  Not surprisingly, the musky broke the net on the first attempt. It must have looked like a circus of fools to any onlookers.  The final score: three kayaks, one net assist from friendly strangers, two net attempts -- it took a village to land this one.  We did paddle over another musky, larger than the one I landed, later in the float that was in relatively shallow water (guessing ~5-6 ft deep).

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/4a71438a-fefa-44ad-95bc-6c7f248e3a28%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment