Friday, July 4, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Best Fishing Books

I'm always looking for a good fishing book and would like to know what members here consider their favorite fishing book.  What books do you consider classics and a must read?

I will be on vacation next week and need reading material.  Also, a few years ago I started collecting fishing related books and I'm always looking for more titles to add to my collection.
My personal preference isn't "How To" type books, I enjoy reading Fishing Lifestyle type books or Essay Collection and Memoirs from legendary anglers like Tom McGuane.  I just finished reading the latest from John Gierach.  "All Fishermen are Liars"  It was more of the same from him.

Here are a few of my favorites:

"Tales of Virgin Seas" by Zane Grey.  Grey may be better known for writing westerns but he was a prolific angler and adventurer.
"Fly Fishing Through the Midlife Crisis" by Howell Raines.  The Majority of this book is written about local waters.
"Trout Bum"  John Gierach.  This book is why I became interested in fly fishing.  There aren't many good books on the lifestyle of a gear and bait fisherman.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Best,
Bob

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/931189ef-28d1-48ef-9985-ac1afc6dd9d9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment