Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Another Carp Story

Jeff, 
Great video.  That's much better editing than I would have done.  I was at Lock 7 today tossing some buggy looking flies, and had a carp inhale my fly, and then spit it right out.  I then proceeded to spook the three others there when I got so excited.  Anyway, do you think a 6wt (my biggest rod) is too small for landing a carp there?  It looks like your setup was bigger, but it could be the fish eye lens on the GoPro.  Also, it seems that right around lock 7, there is the pool above the lock that doesn't have all the green stuff on top like below the lock.  I also didn't see anywhere that I would even be able to get close enough to the water to net a carp.  I'm not trying to hotspot your fishing hole, but where abouts was the video filmed?  It looked like a pretty decent place to get close to the water there, but I didn't see anywhere like that immediately around lock 7.

Thanks.

Chuq


On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:01:03 AM UTC-4, namfos wrote:
Amen on the rarely getting a second chance part. But that's what kept me at it on Sunday instead of wading the river. ;-)

As for flies, I got some good looks and missed (all) strikes (klutz) with Carp Carrots and Bristle Leeches. You can find tying instructions via a Google search. Same flies should work well for panfish on vacation in 4 weeks.

Mark

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/beb83b24-e507-48f9-9e27-11e4bf51576e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment