Tuesday, August 20, 2024

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} 1000 Islands?

Headed to 1000 Islands for the first time in the second week of September. Although not a fishing trip per se, I hope to get out a time or two for a little kayak fishing for smallmouth.

I'm assuming the standard flies/lures will work, in the standard places -- rocky points, dropoffs, islands, current breaks, etc. Though if they're still hanging in deep water then I might have some trouble with the fly rod.

I anyone has any suggestions -- resources, information, experience -- I'd be most appreciative. I'm not looking for a guide, however. (Not this year, anyway.)

I'll be near Lansdowne on the Canadian side, in case that matters much.

Barracuda

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/563e5415-6104-473e-812c-776615f26111n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment