Friday, December 28, 2018

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Naples FL fly fishing

Thanks for this Jamie. I don't know how often they are for rent, but there are specialty kayaks which you paddle with your feet. I'm assuming that near surf and/or with all the other noises that you could still fly-fish with them if you paddle slowly and quietly.

I pulled a bunch of sea trout out of the circled area a few years ago with some sink tip line and lord knows what flies/lures. I wasn't in a kayak but in a little jon boat with a low hp evinrude. I can single haul well and double haul pathetically (though I can Spey like a beast!), but to tell the truth I wasn't having to cast terribly far with the sink tip. The guy at the shop (which I of course can't remember now it being years back and a lucky unplanned half day on an exhausting work trip) told me the spot. Can't remember the store but I remember that exact spot. The rest of the day I was pulling lots of saltwater catfish out of there, with float or sink along the mangroves. Those little catfish fought pretty hard, and one of them, a feisty runt bound to have lots of kids, poked a big hole in my Merrill hiking boots! I also accidentally caught a beautiful young hammerhead, too, which amazingly didn't break my rod.

OK pix below.



--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/0C4BF86A-166C-45F4-823A-2E0BB2BDEF21%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment