Wednesday, May 24, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: I must be the worst fisher of the Todal Basin

I don't fish the tidal basin much, but if you are fishing right in front of the Jefferson that might explain things.  There are better spots.  Try walking around the basin and pay attention to the tides.

As far as gravelly is concerned, I have never caught a lot of fish there, but never during daylight hours. 

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 10:12:13 AM UTC-4, tatu...@gmail.com wrote:
I see post after post of folks catching stuff in the basin....I typically come away not catching a thing. 

I've been down there many many many many times over the past years and get a nibble here or there....or a small fish or two. What am I doing wrong?

Where are the hot spots?
What are the hot flies?
What are the best times to throw my fly?

Collin...the frustrated fly guy normally standing by the Jefferson Memorial.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/4f0feaad-eeb3-456f-9229-74d4207bff2b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment