Tuesday, February 28, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Patterns for Strippers and Shad

Shad: 
I have also done well on small clousers (size 6) where I trim the tails off behind the hooks. I would tie a bunch up in different color patterns (Blue over white, Chart over white, Orange over white, pink over white). I also would always fish two flies for them and keep swapping colors until I find what they are dialed in on. Honestly though, I think they aren't that picky. I'm more convinced the key is finding fish, getting it in front of them and presenting it well. I have seen people catch them on some pretty haggard patterns.

If you are buying from a store, I know Tommy Mattoli's patterns are pretty popular. and orvis carries them.



Stripers:
Baitfish patterns. A clouser or a deceiver is a safe bet.  Stripers are targeted by so many fly anglers through out the country that searching online will turn up tons of really cool patterns people use. 


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/f7c1b400-2455-4eba-803a-3f41c3ce74f3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment