Friday, January 20, 2017

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Anybody ever used spiral Czech/French nymphing strike indicators

Yeah Carl that is slick. And, I see your point Misha, there is simply too much coil. I guess I've used coiled leader to dechipher hits, but this was only a few coils. So yeah, I'm with It. Interesting stuff... But dig this, Czech nymphing and or tight lining/ high sticking- for me at least - is the only application I really feel these indicators have a place.. (but that's just like my opinion, man.) Because, really if you are throwing a nymph making longer casts a coil is no different from watching your fly line for movement where it meats your leader.. Anyway, regarding the weighted flies and thwarting the natural rthyms- great point, but I'd rather have my weight at least look like a possible meal rather than split, and allow the other fly to achieve a more natural flow. I can go on about these contrasts but ultimately we can stick to the strike indicators.

I'll be on the platt tomorrow, I'll Czech out some of these tips.

Tight lines !

J


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/55c64844-9647-4084-a43b-a0d7a903d438%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment