Friday, June 26, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Fly rod combo

Another vote for TFO rods.  I have the TICR in an 8 weight and it throws just as well as any of the more expensive rods I own.
 
Look into Echo as well.  I don't have any of their single hand rods, but I have one of their speys and it is a great rod for the price.  I assume their single handed rods are similar.  I have one of their reels and also like it alot.  I think I paid $75 for it. 
 
The advice to not spend a ton on the real is a good one.  There is absolutely no need to spend $100 on a trout reel.  How many trout, particularly in this area are really going to run line on you? 
 

On Friday, June 26, 2015 at 10:17:35 AM UTC-4, Andy Thomas wrote:
Orvis always has good combos.  In that price range the clearwater would work great.  You don't need an expensive reel for trout.  Focus your money on the rod.  Another company I would highly recommend is Allen Fly Fishing out of Texas.  They make really quality rods and reels and you could get something for around $350-400.  They have excellent customer service as well if you have questions.  They just came out with some new rods as well.  I would recommend one of the Alluvian or heritage rods paired with their trout reel or the ats reel. 
 
It's worth checking out even if you don't buy from them.
On Friday, June 26, 2015 at 8:34:02 AM UTC-4, Roman Gulakowski wrote:
I was looking to get a new Fly rod combo. I have my grandfather's old 8 wt Fenwick and wanted a nice 5wt. I was looking to spend around $350 and was hoping to get some ideas as to good quality combos.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/3b2b2a22-0cf3-48d2-ad09-50098e83c055%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment