Saturday, March 28, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: First (Potomac) Shad

Yes Aaron, we have them today.  Now that we are open for the season we will be here every day. 

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 9:19:43 PM UTC-4, Aaron O wrote:
Hey Alex,

Are you guys selling DC licenses again this year and are they be available tomorrow?

Aaron


On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 6:17:07 PM UTC-4, Alex Binsted wrote:
I have to apologize to anyone who bet on me to catch the first one but Bob Smith beat me to it this year.  However, I did pick the spot, sell him the shad darts and take the photo.  That counts for something, doesn't it?

Bob and I were out this afternoon to see if the boats still float before Fletcher's officially opens for the season.  We anchored mid-cove, well inside of the main edge of current.  Many early season hickories have been caught in this slack water.  About 10 minutes of casting went by when I heard a confused noise come from behind me and I saw Bob's rod tip bouncing out of the corner of my eye.  It seemed to take him forever, but eventually he realized and exclaimed, "it's a fish!".  As he fought it I congratulated him on the first shad and told him not to lose it.  It jumped off at the boat.  I was still in the running.  Ten minutes later he was fighting yet another hickory and managed to land it this time.  The shad run has finally begun.

Fletcher's will be opening for the season tomorrow at 7am.  The water is cold and murky, the weather looks like crap, but apparently there are a few fish around.  I plan on letting boats out in the morning but if the wind becomes too much I may have to cut it midday.  Fair warning.

See you guys on the river.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/c25c10c4-2ad4-4c0c-8fa8-abffff44e5b1%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment