Tuesday, March 24, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: 3wt Water Suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I appreciate some ideas about specific streams. Ive fished a couple of em before, borrowing a 4 wt and using my 5 wt. I was hoping for more particulars than SNP, because I know there are plenty of streams to be fished all over the place in the park. I just want to be able to pick a couple good ones to break it in. I've never hit Big Hunting Creek, so based on several recommendations, that may be my next stop. The hazel was on my list before, but its always been bad conditions when I intended to go.

Rob, its a scott rod and ross reel. Recommended to my gal by a guide out west in Crested Butte (headed there to test the rod in a couple months actually). I plan on using it on some of the waters you frequent around here, for some bream and bass. I'm slightly concerned about going after too big of fish with it, since I snapped the tip of my 5 wt on a carp recently - orvis quickly replaced it. 

Following peoples posts on here is helpful for identifying productive creeks, rivers, and regions throughout the year - so thanks again!

Forrest

On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 1:34:31 PM UTC-4, Forrest Allen wrote:
Good afternoon folks, 

My galfriend just got me an awesome new 8'8" 3 wt rod and reel for my bday. Would anyone care to share a suggestion or two about your favorite waters for using a 3 wt - from the Potomac to the Gunpowder to the Cowpasture? I've fished a good number of waters in that area, but always with a 4 or 5 wt. 

No need to give away any honeyholes - just looking for some good spots to get a bend in the rod! 

Thanks in advance.

Forrest

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/79ee5b58-c130-44f7-a257-45e92683f50e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment