Thursday, December 18, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Carrying a camera

I'm a shutterbug myself and have some thoughts.  I have a DSLR that shoots hi-def video, and I also have an Olympus Tough series point and shoot.  The Olympus is a 12MB model takes seriously good photos, and also can survive a 7 foot drop, is submersible to 60 feet and is free-proof. It is also very small, and fits in a shirt or jeans pocket comfortably.  I can use one of the narcissistic "selfie"poles with it, and I can attach a floatie wrist strap that ensures it will not sink.  I once lost it while SUP surfing and found it bobbing in the waves 30 minutes later.  

I took it to Angkor Wat and ended up taking some of my most memorable photos with it.  And here's the kicker - it was only $200.  My advice is to leave the SLR at home when you're on the boat...it's not worth getting it wet or losing it.  Break it out when you are on foot and the weather is cooperating.  Just my two centavos.      

On Friday, December 12, 2014 8:46:26 PM UTC-5, Jeff Silvan wrote:
I just got myself a DSLR camera. I'm looking forward to taking it with me on fishing trips, but I'm obviously a bit worried about keeping it dry - particularly while wading in case I dunk myself. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips about how you bring cameras along with you safely? I've done a quick search on Amazon and found some "underwater" bag-type housings, but not sure how well that will work at the end of the day.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/d641603e-9507-4941-9421-a1b57712bc6e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment