Sunday, December 21, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} My day a Rose River Farms

I've been meaning to write this for a week now but I have been a little busy.  Last Saturday, I stopped by the Claredon Orvis and was informed by Dan that one of the guys (Bernie) on the forum had an extra invitation for Rose River Farms for the next morning.  This could work out really well for me however I was supposed to work the next day but after a little fast talking with my boss, I got the day off and quickly got myself ready for the trip. 
        Now I don't care how tired I am, I always seem to stay up till 12 midnight to 1 AM the night before a trip, even though I will be getting up extra early the next morning... It's like a kid at christmas.  So I get my stuff together and I'm on my way when I heard from Bernie that he is sick with the FLU and will not me making it.  This really threw a wrench in to my plans as I was really looking forward to spending time with him and I didn't feel that secure in fishing the steam by myself.  That being said, I was already 45 minutes into the drive and with Bernie's approval, I would go and do my best.  Bernie did give me some suggestions on locations of pools that was very helpful.
         When I arrived to perfect weather and three other people there that was already fishing on the farm,  Luckily of me, they were very friendly.  I mainly spoke with "Kiki and "Maria" about fishing this stream and as luck would have it, "Kiki" was a local guide on that farm that was fishing on her day off. They were the ones to show me the size 18 black stoneflies hatch that was going on and point me in the right direction about fly selection and fish pool locations.  Both were a big help and a lot of fun.  
         Kiki even acted as a guide for me for about a half hour to make sure that I hooked up into a fish.  Well that was not a problem there.  I don't remember the last time I've seen so many fish in the same pool and they were not that spooky.  I spend about six hours there and caught a number of respectable size fish.   I will work on attaching the photos laters.

          Thanks to Bernie, Kiki and Maria, I had a great time and look forward to getting out there again.

Aaron

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/ad3c9981-a0b8-40b2-b985-aabbcc9d004f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment