Friday, February 17, 2023

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Prescription sunglasses

Hi:

Switched to progressive(s) for everything years ago. Took about a week to get comfortable. Use my everyday transition glasses + oakleys and am set for dark to bright conditions. I like the wrap-arounds better for outside - my eye doesn't get distracted by the lens frame - but would not do reflective lenses again. Good luck



On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 10:40:44 AM UTC-5 Gregg Rockett wrote:
I wear progressives and have decided against prescription sunglasses for the reason that Greg Feder mentions.  So I have settled on Cocoons over my glasses instead.  I am sure that they are not the best solution, but they suit me fine, and I can concentrate on my footing!

If anyone else has experience with wrap arounds over prescription glasses, I would welcome the feedback.

Gregg Rockett

On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 9:24:03 AM UTC-5 Greg Feder wrote:
Mark —

If you're going to fish in bi- or multi-focals, keep in mind that the near vision is usually on the bottom of the lens, which is what you're looking through when you're stepping carefully and trying not to fall down.  It can be dangerous.  

Consider Rx distance correction with flip down magnifiers for knot-tying, etc.  

Or get some progressives so you can read at the beach! 

Cheers, 

-- Greg

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 17, 2023, at 8:46 AM, namfos <mark....@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm need to fully expend my FSA account - prescription shades are an eligible expense.
I already wear polarized shades, brown lenses seem to work best for me. I have dirt cheap Coyotes for general use and a pair of Smith Chromapops that I use for fishing only.

Those of you who wear prescription shades what do  you recommend?

Basic prescription for distance? Bi-focals? Progressive vision? 
Anything else to consider? 

Thanks,
Mark 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/f6bd4683-80bf-4e05-9e85-7a8e3cb46f88n%40googlegroups.com.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/05f9af31-96cd-4adf-963b-675276146dedn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment