Tuesday, October 1, 2019

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Passing the Baton

Oh the memories….It has certainly been a fun and eventful 10 years with the club. And it has been an honor to serve the club and its members. Although it is tough to let go of the reigns so to speak, I am super excited to see where our new leadership takes it from here. I'll still be looking forward to seeing everyone at beer tie and on the river!!


-Trent Jones




On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 5:27:13 PM UTC-4, Dalton Terrell wrote:
With one shot of sadness mixed with one can of joy, I am announcing that Trent Jones and I are leaving the board of TPFR. Almost exactly four years ago Dan Davala tapped me to fill his Gravelly-stained wading boots, it's been a hell of a ride and a lot of fun.

As some of you know, the First Lady and I are expecting a child in less than two months, and I am wanting make more time for family and put the club in hands that can provide more attention.

Trent and I have been around since 2009, attending nearly every TPFR event from meetings at the Quincy Street library, dimly-lit Beer Ties at Ri Ra, Casting Churches at Fletcher's, Rainsboro Fly Fishing and Wine Festivals, and finally Beer Ties at Whitlows. Over the years, I've met some of my best friends through the group.

We are handing off the group to some very capable and dedicated hands. Art Noglak (of the infamous Art's Legal Corner) and Rob Snowhite (snakehead punter, Home Depot fly tyer, podcaster, and fly fishing consultant extraordinaire) to serve as President and Vice President, respectively. They will be reaching out to you to fill some vacant positions in the near future.

Trent and I aren't going anywhere. You'll find me at the diaper changing station at Whitlows and Trent laughing at the bathroom door. We look forward to spending another 10 or 30 years with the TPFR crew!

Dalton and Trent

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/18eb8cc4-48ae-4d0b-9356-36761899d1aa%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment