Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: November fishing

Tough choice with the whole world at your disposal. I'd pick something bucket-list like that I haven't fished for before. These wouldn't be my choices if cost was no option, but are things I've done and would recommend to others specifically for that time of the year: 

Amazon rainforest for peacock bass - peak season (at least in the area I went) is end of September to end of November.  

Louisiana Redfish (although not very exotic) - When this weather is good, it's unbelievable. September through November is the season you can find big schooling redfish (and often jacks as well). I have been in schools of 1,000 plus fish over 20 lbs (and I'm not exaggerating) that are happy to eat. I've had multiple days of 25+ fish over 20 lbs. You'll get so tired that you stop casting to 95% of the fish you see, and only look for the 35+lb fish. I've also been in the run-and-gun situations where you look for the birds, then find the school of 20-30 jacks 40 lbs plus busting the surface, with some gigantic redfish mixed in. Note, though, that weather can be really tough there this time of the year. I'm not sure if it's just my poor luck, or general conditions for that time of year, but I have an average being able to get out under 50% of the days I book over the last 8 years of trips.

Northeast for Bluefin Tuna: this is a very tough one for the fly rod and you won't be able to bank on fly fishing at all (no luck for me yet), but hitting Nova Scotia to Cape Cod toward the mid- to end of October can be out of this world. This area will have phenomenal bluefin fishing on conventional gear, and if you have a 15 weight fly rod and get the right situation, you'll probably quit fly fishing after you hook a 500+lb tuna. 

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 7:14 AM Aden <adentracy@gmail.com> wrote:
You guys are making this hard. The Pyrenees for zebra trout and Korea are my top 2 ideas so far. Thanks guys!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/db25b925-d855-460d-9938-3fe9bddd0952%40googlegroups.com.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CANiFxBxc-OtRB%2B5nv8pWOi4qi%2BwXo2WzgvzW494cy7iWDdr6rg%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment