Sunday, November 29, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: ding dong my vice is dead

I'll take my Dyna-King, and you can flush everything else down the toilet.  I can't even tie on other vises now, it feels too funny.  

Beth has a regal--

I suspect once a person buys a nice quality vise and gets used to it, they think it is best one.  

Gene

On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 7:07:40 AM UTC-5, Cary Pugh wrote:
For what you seem to be tying - tarpon flies are big - I would go with regal. I have both regal and renzetti traveler and you would need the salt water jaws for renzetti and then for small stuff you would want to switch jaws - easy enough to do but another thing to buy.  That said, Renzetti does have nice options like that (I got a tube fly set up for it).  Regal will hold a range of hook sizes. Of course I also should note that I tie mostly on an Abel vice - no longer made but a nice vice if you run across a used one.

Feel free to ask more questions. Also perhaps you could try different ones at a beer tie - I'd bring several -- if I ever could be in town on beer tie night ... But that may be too late ...

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/8d4a1842-b358-4fc1-85f8-3b021b88f016%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment