Tuesday, July 28, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: CO Regulation question -- barbless

Thanks guys -- I'll just make absolutely certain that whatever I tie on is either barbless or 100% crimped.  I generally buy barbless if they are available in the hook type I'm buying at the moment, but that's not always the case.  

Gene

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 10:33:06 AM UTC-4, Grizz Higgins wrote:
Dan, I agree with you and I fly fish the Jackson River in Bath County in Virginia along with many others and I tie all my nymphs especially on barbless hooks. But since I have been teaching fly fishing and guiding for 45 years I have never been asked about other flies in my tackle box or on my vest except for the fly that is attached to my leader. It it's barbless your good to go.....tight lines Dan and best personal regards.

Grizz w.pro-flyfishingguide.com

On Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 8:08:32 AM UTC-4, TurbineBlade wrote:
Hi -- anyone have experience with how a game officer in CO sees "barbless"?  If I'm approached by an officer and am in possession of a fly box with barbed hooks (which I intend to crimp prior to use) is this a violation?  I figure if it's even remotely questionable, I'll sort and only pack flies tied on truly barbless hooks....which isn't a problem. 

Gene

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/b4b1b2e8-fe4d-4742-aa06-a38cc4bf46f5%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment