Monday, February 14, 2022

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Many thanks for casting church

Likewise many thanks to Regan, Carl and Owen for all the expert and patient instruction!   (And Andrew a couple of months ago!) After all the backyard casting practice it's so satisfying to be around folks and learn and practice the improved technique.  I really look forward to it.

On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 8:25:26 AM UTC-5 eowill...@gmail.com wrote:
Great to have you with us, Ulrich! 

When you do find time to get out to practice, I've found that it's better for me when I am able to work in several shorter sessions of like 20-30 minutes and focus on one thing (straight line path, accuracy at 30', whatever) rather than setting aside an hour or seventy-five minutes. As Joey and I were discussing yesterday, I get tired and then I start reinforcing bad habits and locking them into my "muscle memory" which I then have to unlearn. 

YMMV, and I get that we all have other things sucking up our time if you can't get out to the yard a couple or three times a week. 

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 3:46:07 PM UTC-5 ulric...@gmail.com wrote:
Brook, Owen, and Carl,

Many thanks for all the help today. Was a blast -- and very grateful for the expert tips. See you next month! 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/382b4778-fb45-4bd6-a096-a02318fa40e8n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment