Saturday, November 2, 2019

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} NW Quantico fishing

After booking rob Snowhite for some great education I took what I learned to NW quantico and fished Upshur Pond and Cedar Run. I imagine most people pass on fishing these two bodies of water since they are not easy to access but I was rewarded with almost constant action at both locations. Upshur pond resulted in several LMB, mostly 8-10 inches and several nice bluegills. Action was hot with a strike or a hook up on nearly every cast. I fished a custom tied popper with a San Juan worm dropper. Requires waders as there is too much shore cover to fish from land. A couple days later I went to cedar run, also by the camp Upshur area, and was rewarded by a good time on big Fall Fish up to maybe 14 inches. And they were very aggressive. Same flies as I used at the pond. Sometimes I hooked up on doubles. Water was low, maybe 30 inches was the deepest I found. But steady action again. With lots of bluegills mixed in. I'm looking forward to getting some
Orders to this area and living here. I'll be a regular at the beer ties for sure.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/7d977955-03ce-4aed-98ff-87e98ba4c783%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment