Thursday, November 28, 2019

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Belize for Christmas

Hey Dylan,

I just was down there last winter for New Years, you're in for a phenomenal trip. I also brought all my gear and had no problems with TSA. I would however recommend bringing a lockable suitcase, a couple other folks in my group had a problem with one of the local airlines rummaging through their bags and taking some stuff.

Here are my recommendations as far as fishing goes:

That time of year tends to have a pretty strong East wind, so all of the flats on the ocean side of the Caye probably won't be fishable. I strongly recommend renting a quality golf cart in San Pedro with big tires and good suspension, it'll be able to get you where you need to go.

I found some good flats by heading north from San Pedro and west to Secret Beach. It's the only major road that heads west off the main road, you can't miss it. It's about 5 miles from SP and my recollection is it's about a 45 minute golf cart ride. The roads are pretty bumpy so it can be slow going at times.

At secret beach, head south and work the flats. Even with a strong wind they'll stay fairly fishable, because they're protected by Ambergris Caye. I'd recommend starting at Blue Bayou and heading as far south as you can. If you can spend the whole day, I'd head south all the way to the third major cove where you'll see some buildings under construction. That was the best fishing I had on foot, but it is quite a hike.

Feel free to shoot me a DM if you want more info, it's great to hear you're going down there. I can't wait to get back.

John

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/e83a8aa3-f31b-45c6-8cba-46722e24ae4f%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment