Friday, October 21, 2016

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: I'm getting old and my arms are too short

I've heard of "threaders" that are popular with some folks, but I've not used any myself.  Luckily, my vision seems to be going strong....but I am getting more random aches and pains and stiffness that is novel to me.  

Regarding tippet size -- eh, nevermind.  It's kind of pointless for a man sitting on a couch to "inform" a man just returning from what was clearly a successful fishing trip ;).  I'd say what you are doing works better than what I'm doing.  I'd bet that 7x works better than watching television on the couch!  

Being very much stuck at home now, I did fish the backyard stockers yesterday evening and despite locating dozens and dozens of the suckers, could not get a single take!  Man, I know that entire stream as well as anyone and couldn't find any "fishy" enough to take anything (had a few "bump", and many acting "fishy", but the darn things won't commit).  So you made the best choice for a trip ;).

DGIF did drop some lunkers in there, but someone else will have to go after 'em after the rain comes through.  

I did pull someone's woolly bugger out of a tree, so that was a score of sorts.  

Gene

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 9:16:58 AM UTC-4, Greg Feder wrote:
Had a great trip this past weekend Fri-Sun on Rapidan and Conway. Lots of decent sized eager bookies willing to take a foam beetle or a stimulator on top or a zebra midge on the dropper and a couple of browns on the Conway, too. Put the lo-4wd to the test on the new Chevy Colorado, so that was fun as well.

Biggest problem was I can't see 6x tippet and the eyes of trout sized flies as well as I used to. I sure was spoiled by a summer of warm water fishing!  What do some of you "more experienced" anglers use to help?  Flip-down magnifiers?

Cheers,

-- Greg

Sent from my iPhone



--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/1a83a1d4-a3ff-464d-aee2-97f20b5ef4e3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment