Wednesday, April 27, 2016

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Overnight Brookie Trip Shenandoah

For what it's worth, I've spent probably 20-30 nights in the park hiking over the past few years and have only seen one bear.  I still hang a bag from a tree and many of these hikes were winter.  I may scare bears before I see them since I'm a pole hiker and tend to be with a few others talking.  I'd honestly like to see a few more...but from a distance!

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 4:05:49 PM UTC-4, Greggory DiSalvo wrote:
Hi all, 
I've been a lurker here for a while and am wildly impressed by the vast base of knowledge in this community.  I have been planning on taking my dad out into the Shenandoah for an overnight brookie trip sometime late spring.  He has a questionable knee and doesn't really hike much.  I took a recon trip with a few friends a few weeks back to Big Run hoping to take him there.  I really liked it and the hike in was more than reasonable, but with the fire situation, I am not sure if the stream/environment will be in good shape later this spring (So sad).  I've spent a good amount of time taking day trip trouthikes to many of the different streams in the park but am looking for something a little more remote so we can leave tents/packs unattended without worry.  

Would love it if some of ya'll had a few suggestions!  I am thinking it would just be a one night trip where we hike in Saturday morning, find a campsite, hit the water, and then fish a bit in the morning before heading out.

Thanks in advance,

Gregg

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/8d151b70-14fd-4f85-b328-bf194f3f29c8%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment