Sunday, August 23, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} James River Float

I went out with Matt Miles this past Saturday and did a float on the James. It was by far the best trip I've ever done. I caught so many big fish, we stopped measuring and counting. I'm guessing we had at least ten 16" or greater smallies, with most of them being 17-18", a couple at 19" and my personal best (and the second fish of the day), a solid 20" smallie in the picture. The 20-incher was fat as all heck too. I had one more that might have pushed the 20" mark, but it evaded the net, got under the boat, and broke me off. All the fish came from up top. Huge difference from the Shenandoah, where the small fish of this trip (12/13") were bigger than big fish on my last float on the Doah. I also got a nice sized spotted bass and we saw some big gar and one massive catfish. Best of all, I brought my wife and Matt got her casting like a pro. I learned all I need to do on this trips is bring her a case of beer and she'll be perfectly content taking in the sun and casting for 20 minutes every couple hours.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CANiFxByTUNFpRdLfrF-jgTqyMq1bAbQ3VEsGY6%2BxT9xvgRNKJg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment