Wednesday, August 1, 2012

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Heading to the OBX in 11 days

I have been looking for the same info.  The linked article below was a good starting point (consolidates a lot of information I found on other sites nicely).  The only other piece of information I have latched on to was to use an intermediate or even sinking line to get the fly to the fish.

http://www.flytyer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=876&Itemid=0

I have heard from others I have been talking to that the southern points (Hatteras Island) have pompano that can be sight fished - on my next trip there, that will be my target.

Good Luck!

On Monday, July 30, 2012 11:41:26 PM UTC-4, HeaveToo wrote:
I am heading down to the outer banks in 11 days.  I will be staying up North but I am considering making the trip to fish the Green Slough or the Lighthouse Slough.  I have been tying a lot of clowser's and I have a bunch of other flies. 

If the surf isn't too bad I may try to do some fishing from my kayak out in the ocean.  Last year I was able to do this but I didn't catch a single fish (it was so frustrating to sit on a pile of bait fish and not catch a single fish).  I had one hook up of what I think was a blue fish and I lost that one quickly.  I would really love to get into a school of Spanish or Blues and tear into them but that is so hit or miss.

Does anyone have any good tips or strategies? 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/QOui9cUkN5kJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment