Thursday, July 1, 2021

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Korkers boot repair?

Thanks, Andrew.  

I like the idea of Korkers being able to switch from studded to not studded so easily.  I thought the mechanism holding on the sole would fail before what should be a fairly basic boot function.  

 I find the Boa system doesn't allow me to make it tighter where I want and looser where I want — if you want it tight at the ankle you also have to crank down on the instep.  

Oh well, things to inform my purchase of new boots. 

Cheers, 

-- Greg

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 1, 2021, at 3:36 PM, Andrew LaVigne <andrewrlavigne@gmail.com> wrote:

My Korkers did the same thing - actually, one shoe had the sidewall blowout, the other had the entire bottom of the shoe (not just the removable sole, but the whole thing) separate from the rest of the boot. On the same day, while on a set of rocks well upstream from Fletchers. Not a fun walk back to the car. 

Did not attempt a repair  - threw them promptly in the trash and bought a different style boot. I like the Boa system, but not enough to risk that again. 

On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 10:26:39 AM UTC-4 gsf...@yahoo.com wrote:
Thanks, Doug. 

Cheers, 

-- Greg

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2021, at 12:32 PM, Doug Graebner <dgrae...@gmail.com> wrote:

Misread this tbbh, but if you don't mind getting a quote I remember getting some boots fixed here years ago: http://bethesdashoeandluggagerepair.com/


On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 11:59:55 AM UTC-4 gsf...@yahoo.com wrote:
Has anyone had luck shoe-gooing a pair of wading boot where the side wall blew out like Zion Williamson? I don't want to waste time but if I don't have to buy a new pair……

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/f340ccf5-b78c-4af8-abd1-25d93764d572n%40googlegroups.com.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/c27c1f2a-272d-4b2f-abf4-e6658fb28822n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment